Welcome to the Drifters Thrift Blog! started by me (Idle Eye’D) to discuss everything regarding personal finance and financial independence.
A little bit about me…
Idle is an Information Technology professional who enjoys blogging about personal finance and minimalism.
I am a second-generation Indian immigrant to the United States. You could say I have a dual identity growing up in India and spending most of my adult life here in the United States. I am currently living in the United States along with my son, wife, mother in law and my dog Phoenix.
I started this blog to monitor my progression towards financial freedom. By jotting down my expenses and keeping track of my monthly spending, I will be less likely to spend my money frivolously. Driftersthrift.com keeps me grounded if you will, on my journey to achieve financial freedom.
What Does Drifters Thrift Mean?
I am a promoter of the F.I.R.E movement (Financial Independence, Retire Early) One day, and I hope to break free from being a slave to the system and enjoy more things I love without worrying about finances.
My blog’s name, Drifters Thrift, came from my idea of being able to drift and travel the world while living a minimal lifestyle. I don’t enjoy being tied to just one place when the world is our playground.
A stream of passive income is a massive part of making my dream happen. I hope that one day, through the income from my online ventures as well as investments, I will be able to make my dream a reality.
I enjoy blogging because it gives me one more purpose in life. Coming from a diverse background, I have experienced many aspects of life, and I believe I have a wealth of information to share with the world.
How Can Drifters Thrift Blog Benefit You?
I am transparent about sharing my life with my readers. Hopefully, my audience can benefit from my success stories as well as my failures.
I will be discussing the following topics on Driftersthrift.com:
- Dividend Investing, Retirement Investing (Index Funds, ETF’s, 401K’s, Roth IRA’s, Traditional IRA’s, Etc.)
- Making Money, Saving Money & Living a Frugal Lifestyle
- Product/Service Recommendations – Reviews of the products and services that I have used.
- Immigration, Travel Hacking, Deals, Credit Card Rewards
I will be posting my month-to-month spending breakdown as well as investment progress toward my goals. Let us motivate each other to reach our financial goals faster!
Must Read Posts On Investing
Drifters Thrift Blog Goals
- I hope to find and unite like-minded people through this blog or anyone who is curious about financial independence and living a thrifty lifestyle. Our Facebook group will greatly help with this process.
- I hope to track and monitor my financial progress through Driftersthrift.com & encourage others to start their own blogs/vlogs.
- To share my knowledge regarding a variety of topics regarding personal finance while learning from others as well.
You may also see a post here and there from my wife – Pseudoname (idle’s wife)
If you found our blog helpful, we would appreciate it if you gave us a like on our Facebook Page @ Drifters Thrift.
We also have a Facebook group started for people who are thrifty and follow the F.I.R.E movement. You can find our group on FaceBook @ Time In The market – Dividend & Growth Investing.
If you would like to keep up to date with our posts, please consider subscribing below.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.